At Wokingham Waterside Centre we run a variety of courses to aid your progression in and around the water. The courses we run regularly are:
- Paddle Start Award – Your first time on the water ‘having a go’! A fun and enjoyable, practical session, introducing you to paddlesport.
- Paddle Discover Award – Taking you on the next steps towards becoming an independent paddler, developing your understanding of factors which effect your paddling, your decision making on the water, and giving you confidence.
- Paddle Explore Award – Further developing your paddling by helping you try different diciplines in paddlesports.
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT) – Training your core rescue skills in a sheltered water environment. Available for anyone irrespective of craft, with bank-based and boat-based options.
- Paddlesport Instructor – A course aimed towards prospective instructors running paddlesport taster & starter sessions.
- Paddlesport Leader – A course aimed towards those who want to lead others on trips in sheltered water environments.
- Swim Event Safety Award (SESA) – An award designed to provide paddler’s with the skills and knowledge required to be a pro-active part of any event water safety team.
In addition to these, we are also able to run:
- Paddlesport Coach – A coaching award designed for people whose core function is to coach people who want to improve their paddlesport skills within a chosen discipline.
- Whitewater Awards – Designed to support you in understanding the fundamentals of white water paddling in up to grade 2 white water.
- Freestyle Awards – Designed for you to develop a good foundation of freestyle moves in flat water and low-level moving water environments.
- Stand-up Paddleboarding Support Module – This award is designed for anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of stand-up paddleboarding.
- Outdoor First Aid (1 or 2 days) & First Aid at Work – We can provide first aid courses in a variety of lengths.
As these courses are not as highly sought after we book them in when requested.
Details about dates and times of all of our current courses can be found in the Book Now button, or Book Online page. If you cannot see the course you are wanting to attend on one of these options, please contact us, and we will let you know when we are next planning to run the course.
If you want to attend a course, but cannot make any of the current planned dates, please contact us and let us know so we can run an additional course for you.
If you would like any further information about any of the courses, or about which one is right for you, please send us an email.