Instructing & Leading Courses
At Wokingham Waterside Centre we run a variety of courses to aid your progression in and around the water. The courses we run regularly are:
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT) – Training your core rescue skills in a sheltered water environment. Available for anyone irrespective of craft, with bank-based and boat-based options.
- Paddlesport Instructor – For anyone wanting to take their first step on the instructing ladder! This course teaches you to run introductory & taster sessions in very sheltered water environments.
- Paddlesport Leader – If you want to start leading people on trips on sheltered water, this course will teach you everything you need to know!
- Stand-up Paddleboarding Support Module – An award designed to further develop your SUP skills, no matter your level of experience!
- Swim Event Safety Award (SESA) – An award designed to provide paddler’s with the skills and knowledge required to be a pro-active part of any event water safety team.
In addition to these, we are also able to run:
- Paddlesport Coach – A coaching award designed for people whose core function is to coach people who want to improve their paddlesport skills within a chosen discipline.
- Outdoor First Aid (1 or 2 days) & First Aid at Work – We can provide first aid courses in a variety of lengths.
As these courses are not as highly sought after we book them in when requested.
Details about dates and times of all of our current courses can be found in the Book Now button, or Book Online page. If you cannot see the course you are wanting to attend on one of these options, please contact us, and we will let you know when we are next planning to run the course.
If you want to attend a course, but cannot make any of the current planned dates, please contact us and let us know so we can run an additional course for you.
If you would like any further information about any of the courses, or about which one is right for you, please send us an email.